Subject: Re: Recording to VHS
From: Ernie Wright <[email-masked]>
To: The LightWave mailing list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 1996 12:11:46 -0400 (EDT)

Alan Lloyd wrote:

> Thanks for the more accurate explanation.  I'm a shooter/editor, and
> I understand some of the signal things, but my explanation was never
> going to be nearly as precise!

This is a difficult area; it's neither purely video nor purely computer.
I'll tend to answer like a programmer, relying on printed sources (see
below for a good one).  But this is like giving equations of motion for
a car.  While useful, they say nothing about what it's like to drive.

As I've said before, no one's fool enough to let me near the equipment.

- Ernie

David Martindale and Alan W. Paeth, "Television Color Encoding and 'Hot'
   Broadcast Colors" in GRAPHICS GEMS II, James Arvo ed., Academic Press,
   1991.

--- From the LightWave mailing list <[email-masked]> --------
--- This message posted by:  Ernie Wright <[email-masked]>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- For information, send e-mail to:  [email-masked] --------
--- Message should include the phrase INFO LIGHTWAVE on a line by itself ---